2 – 8 October 2022
A 7-day Drivers Tour
From Switzerlandto Lake Garda
Ending in the magical Venice
Carefully mapped out routes
Enjoy in thebest 5*-hotels
6 x breakfast and dinner included
5 dinners with drinks included
Open to modern GT’s and Oldtimers
LA DOLCE VITA !
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE !
The Venetian Getaway starts in Switzerland Sunday October 2. The plan is to travel a nice distance and win some time before the start of the Tour.
On this first day we drive at our own pace to the majestic Grand Hotel Kronenhofin Pontresina. This beautiful mountain village in the Engadine is surrounded by the Bernina massif and several glacial valleys.
In the evening all participants are expected for an aperitif and dinner in Grand Hotel Kronenhof.
The room is available from 3 pm.
The wellness facilities of the hotel are highly recommended.
Monday 3 October the Tour really starts towards Lake Garda in Italy.
Via the most beautiful roads with some winding mountain passes we drive to Grand Hotel Fasano in Gardone Riviera. Our hotel is located right on the shore of the lake.
Here we sleep 3 nights and the hotel will be our base for the next 2 days.
Grand Hotel Fasano
The hotel has a rich history dating back to 1888. Then the Imperial family of Austria had this residence built. The grandeur of yesteryear is still visible, but today combined with a contemporary touch.
It features a modern wellness center and a 12,000 m² park with swimming pool. The restaurant has a terrace overlooking Lake Garda.
Our rooms overlook the lake and also have private access to the lake.
life’s too short to stay in a boring hotel
Today we will explore the region around Lake Garda. A beautiful route takes you along the most beautiful places in the region. It will be enjoying driving and life.
Today you choose how you fill in the day.
Of course we will not leave you to your own, but you can choose from some nice suggestions.
A first option is simply to enjoy the hotel with all its facilities. In the immediate vicinity there are a golf course, a botanical garden, a museum and much more.
Another option is a trip to Brescia, better known as the starting point of the legendary Mille Miglia. This famous race is not run when we are there, but you can visit the Mille Miglia Museum. The collection there is definitely worth a visit.
Yet another option is an excursion to Lago D’Iseo where you can visit a beautiful collection of authentic Riva yachts, or if you plan it ahead, you can even book a trip with a real Riva.
Today we leave the region of Lago di Garda and make a first stop at the Museum Nicolis near Verona.
There we find the life’s work of Luciano Nicolis. His collection consists of hundreds of cars, bikes and even airplanes and illustrates the evolution of mobility.
Afterwards, the Tour continues to the last destination of our journey and we pass beautiful places such as Vicenza, Padua. A possible stop at one of the Palladio villas is possible.
DAY 6 & 7
You are probably thinking: what about our car in Venice? Of course this is the first thing we thought of.
Just like us, our cars go to a hotel in a fully privatized car park. While we enjoy Venice, your car can be washed if you like.
With a private car shuttle we are taken to the canals, where luxurious boats are waiting to take us directly to the hotel. An experience in itself.
We will spend the night in the legendary Bauer Palazzo. A hotel located on a tripleA, top location near San Marco Square. The style of the hotel is a mixture of Art Deco and Venetian.
For the ladies, the hotel is in the heart of the shopping area.
An adventure not to be missed. Even if you have been to Venice in the past, this city is so unique it continues to capture the imagination.
The next day you can visit the city at your own pace.
In the evening we meet for a grand farewell evening. Let’s call it the Mystery Night. What exactly will happen is still a surprise.
The official program ends the next morning.
Package & Prices
- Price per person in a double room based on 2 persons: 2599 euros VAT incl.
- Price as a single participant in a double room single use: 3549 euros VAT incl.
- 6 nights in the best 5* hotels
- Welcome drink
- Breakfast and 6 dinners
- 5 dinners with drinks included
- City tax hotels
- Secured parking hotels
- Privatized, covered parking during your stay in Venice
- Shuttle round trip by boat to parking in Venice
- Roadbook with mapped out routes
- GPX file to load in your own navigation system
- Car Stickers
NOT INCLUDED :
- Travel and petrol costs, toll roads
- Lunches and drinks with dinner on the first evening
- Personal expenses, use of minibar, telephone, fax, spa treatments,…
- Travel Insurance
- What are the rules for this Tour ? Which car do I need to participate ?RUFIE loves to bring car enthusiasts together in the first place. A passion for automobiles is more important than being an owner of a very exclusive sportscar.
- RUFIE likes to bring together petrolheads. It’s not about racing or being the fastest. It’s about driving-fun on the most beautiful roads. We are open to many car brands, by preference with a sporty touch.
- The Tour is dedicated to oldtimers and recent premium sportcars. You are in the best place to judge if your oldtimer is fitted for this trip.
- One important point is to dispose of an actual gps and to have the skills of using it. In the ideal world your GPS is able to import a gpx-file.
- Please do not feel a barrier and contact us if you are in doubt.You are expected to agree with the regulations when registering.. The full rules can be found here:Full Rules of the Venetian Getaway
What about Covid-19 ?
When organizing this Tour, the health and safety of the participants comes first.
As long as it is allowed by the government, this Tour will continue, subject to the measures that will apply at the time of our trip.
Meanwhile the chosen hotels have all the experience needed to host us in a safe way. These hotels belong to the top of the world and do everything what’s possible to uphold their reputation.
The pandemic will be followed very closely the coming months. In case the Tour can not happen, there will be looked to reschedule the tour to a better date. Every effort will be made to limit the financial risks as much as possible.
Please don’t forget to get your personal travel insurance for possible problems like illness and other. A cancellation of the Tour by RUFIE will only happen if travel is not allowed by the government, not for personal reasons.