The Dolomites Getaway
3 – 8 September 2021
6 Days Drivers Tour
Carefully composed routes
Driving on about 20 mountain passes
Helicopter flight in the Dolomites
Pure joy in the best 5*-hotels
Open for modern GT’s and Oldtimers
Relaxing in a limited group
A journey full of excitement. Feel Special !
COLLECT MOMENTS not things !
DAG 1 Freiburg am Breisgau
The Dolomites Getaway starts Friday, September 3, in the Black Forest, Germany. For the first stop, the cosy city of Freiburg am Breisgau is chosen.
This day you can fill in the planning yourself. The plan is to travel a nice distance and win some time before the start of the Tour. You set the rhythm and you can already enjoy an exciting drive through the Black Forest, via for example the Scharzwald Hochstrasse. Or go for a stroll underway in the elegant city of Baden-Baden.
All participants are expected in the evening for the apero and dinner in the luxurious 5star-Hotel Colombi.
Checking in your room is possible as from 15h. Or just relaxing in the wellnessof the hotel is a possibility.
DAG 2 Freiburg - Sankt Moritz
The real start of the Tour will be on Saturday September 4 when we head towards Sankt Moritz in Switzerland.
We will cross the Black Forest direction Bodensee where a first stop is an option at Autobau Erlebniswelt.
The central idea of this museum is the fascination for the automobile in all facets. This interesting collection certainly is worth a visit.
Once we’ve passed the Bodensee we will cross Switzerland and the real driving fun is about to begin. Several mountain passes are on our way and waiting to be attacked : Wolfgang-, Albula-, Julier- or Fluelapass.
You will end this day in exceptional beauty. You will stay the night in thé landmark of Sankt Moritz : Badrutt Palace Hotel. A magical experience in the number 1 hotel of whole Switzerland.
life's too short to stay in a boring hotel
DAG 3 Sankt Moritz - Val Gardena
Today the drive will bring you to the heart of the Dolomites in Italy. A long the way you will overpower several passes like the famous Stelvio, besides also less familiar ones, but even challenging.
Final destination today is AlpenRoyal Grand Hotel in Val Gardena. A luxurious leading 5star-hotel where you will stay the coming 3 nights. This haven of comfort and luxury lies very central in the Dolomites. The ideal starting point for a couple trips in the region.
The wellness facilities are numerous and huge. Good idea to enjoy it before dinner in the evening.
DAG 4 Getaway in the Dolomites
Today you will be immersed in a bath of beauty. An exquisite route will guide you through Unesco World Heritage. Turn after turn you will be amazed by this wonder of nature.
More words are not needed here. Let us amaze you !
DAG 5 & 6 Experience the Dolomites from the air.
Today a new highlight is programmed, literally and figuratively. Today a helicopter is waiting for you to let you discover the Dolomites from another perspective. Excitement and adventure guaranteed.
When registering you can choose with or without flight. This extra is non-binding, but strongly advised.
Price for this option : 100 euro per person.
The rest of the day you decide how to fill in the planning. A lazy afternoon in the hotel or maybe time for some hiking. Or you join the last driving tour through the mountains;
In the evening we come together for the last time to enjoy a culinary dinner.
After a good sleep and an extensive breakfast buffet there comes an end to the Tour and we travel back home.
Package & Prices
- Price per person in a double room, basis of 2 persons : 1699 euro vat included.
- Price as single participant in a double room single use : 2599 euro vat included.
- 5 nights in Leading 5star-hotels
- 5 extensive dinners
- Citytax hotels
- Secured parking hotels
- Roadbook with planned routes crossing the most beautiful mountain passes
- Car Stickers
NOT INCLUDED :
- Helicopterflight : 100 euro pp. Choose the package with flight at registration, if interested.
- Fuel, transportation costs, toll roads
- Lunches and drinks for dinner
- Personal expenses, use of minibar, telephone, fax, spa treatments,…
- What are the rules for this Tour ? Which car do I need to participate ?RUFIE loves to bring car enthusiasts together in the first place. A passion for automobiles is more important than being an owner of a very exclusive sportscar.
- RUFIE likes to bring together petrolheads. It’s not about racing or being the fastest. It’s about driving-fun on the most beautiful roads. We are open to many car brands, by preference with a sporty touch.
- The Tour is dedicated to oldtimers and recent premium sportcars. You are in the best place to judge if your oldtimer is fitted for this trip.
- One important point is to dispose of an actual gps and to have the skills of using it. In the ideal world your GPS is able to import a gpx-file.
- Please don’t feel a treshold and contact us if you hesitate.You are supposed to accept the rules of the Tour when registering. Please find the rules here :Rules of the Dolomites Getaway
What about Covid-19 ?
Health of the participants comes on the first place when organizing this tour.
As long as the government regulations allow us to travel, this tour will take place. The necessary regulations will be respected, like the 1.5 meter distance, use of a mask and gel.
Meanwhile the chosen hotels have all the experience needed to host us in a safe way. These hotels belong to the top of the world and do everything what’s possible to uphold their reputation.
At the moment of registration you are supposed to pay 50% of the registration fee. RUFIE needs a guarantee that you will participate in order to make the necessary agreements with the hotels. Early-birds are rewarded with a discount.
The pandemic will be followed very closely the coming months. In case the Tour can not happen, there will be looked to reschedule the tour to a better date. If this is not possible there will be a cancellation and a refund.
Please don’t forget to get your personal travel insurance for possible problems like illness and other. An annulation of the Tour by RUFIE will only happen if travelling is not allowed by government regulations.
In this case risks are limited as this is about car travelling. The hotels are not mass hotels where large groups are hosted together.